Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh How True!

For those of us who have ever worked for anyone anywhere - - this little mantra is too true! I first saw it back in the 1960's and it has been in my head ever since. I have, from time to time, put it to paper and hung it near my desk at various jobs. Only one boss objected and demanded that I take it down. So I took it down - and kept it readily available to show to anyone nearby when he was not in the office. I felt it was my duty to share it with anyone I could - especially because he objected!

The Train

I'm not allowed to drive the train,
the whistle I can't blow

I'm not the one who designates
how far the train may go

I'm not allowed to blow off steam,
or even ring the bell

But let that damn train jump the tracks
and see who catches hell!


Your welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I could have swore I commented on this yesterday,
    Gah I guess I hit a wrong button or something.

    This so describes my job these days.
    In charge of nothing and everything all at the same time.

    Makes me really miss my 20's when I could just quit a job and say "C-YA" and find another one.

    These days between age and the economy that aint an option.

    Oh well still have it pretty good with friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are my friend too!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!